Purchasing toys with regard to their durability, appeal, educational merit, replacement availability and safety, keeping in mind the objective of providing toys to which children might otherwise usually not have access.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assessing which areas need more toys and purchasing toys within budget as defined by Treasurer and committee.
- Being the contact for Toy Community orders.
- Being the contact for the Men’s Shed.
- Supervising and coordinating the assembly, cataloguing, numbering and preparation of new toys.
- Co-ordinating the Toy Maintenance officers to assist with any or all of these duties as part of a subcommittee.
- Presenting regular reports on the state of the toy collection and any relevant information at General Committee meetings and at the Annual General Meeting.
- Organising stock takes and stock counts as needed.
- Experience with toys as a teacher, early childhood educator or other relevant experience.
- A sense of fun and play
- Interest in play, toy and child development research findings and articles.
- Open to ideas and feedback
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Basic software experience and computer skills