To perform the role of Secretary as set out in The Constitution and to produce and distribute minutes in a timely manner.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Liaise with the President to ensure that the responsibilities of the Secretary, as set out in The Constitution, are met.
- As soon as possible after each meeting, record and type minutes of monthly committee ensuring action points are noted.
- Liaise with President re correspondence and drafts of minutes. Record correspondence for Committee and respond to correspondence as advised by the Committee.
- Distribute meeting minutes to all committee members no later than one week after each meeting.
- Have minutes signed by President at each meeting at which they are confirmed, whether or not changes have been minuted.
- File all minutes and keep all reports presented to Committee after relevant minutes.
- Record and type minutes of AGM and Special General Meetings and file these, to be read later at next AGM.
- Follow up newly elected Committee and skilled members and notify them of meeting dates and handover details.
- Participate in Committee decision-making and voting.
- Perform the role of Public Officer (it is common practice for the Secretary to be elected at the AGM to perform the role of Public Officer).
Public Officer Objective: To perform the statutory requirements of the Toy Library’s nominated Public Officer.
- Notify Consumer and Business Affairs Queensland of appointment of Public Officer within 14 days.
- Lodge Annual Return with Consumer and Business Affairs Queensland within one month after the Toy Library’s Annual General Meeting.
- Notify Consumer and Business Affairs Queensland of any changes made to The Constitution at Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting within 28 days.
- Be responsible for the custody of the Common Seal and produce any of the Toy Library’s books to the Registrar if required.
- Minutes folder in Dropbox
- Common Seal
Contact Person For
- Meeting Minutes
- Basic software experience & computer skills